We develop the skills necessary for students to assimilate and to use knowledge for the attainment of wisdom, truth and the fulfillment of their God given potential. We teach to solve problems logically and to think creatively. We implement these goals by:
- Motivating each child with the desire to learn.
- Providing instruction which meets the needs of the individual student.
- Stimulate the individual to use critical thinking skills to judge and to make moral decisions, based on Christian values.
- Assisting students to acquire, according to their potential, the basic intellectual skills necessary for a productive life.
- Providing an atmosphere conducive to creative expression.
Academic and Religious Programs
All children attending Assumption School participate in daily Religious instructions, say prayers and attend various Religious functions. Through daily Religious lessons and liturgical functions and Christian service, we strive to provide our students with opportunities for deepening their religious experience.
Program of Studies
- Basic grade level program
- Family Life Program
- AIDS/HIV Awareness Program (NCEA)
- Human Sexuality
- Language Arts/ Standard Based
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- NPS/ Title 1 Program
- Computer Lab (Computer Assistant Instructor)
- Computer Keyboarding, Internet research, Pre-Algebra 8th grade